About the Jewish Learning Program
The Jewish Learning Program provides you with dedicated, one-on-one tutoring in the basics of Judaism. The tutoring takes place online (via Skype or a web-based meeting app) with Rabbi Blane.
People choose to take part in the tutoring program for a few different reasons:
- Many wish to join the Rabbinical School, but they need to improve their basic understanding of Judaism first. The Jewish Learning Program helps to give these students the knowledge they need to benefit from the Rabbinical School.
- Others participate because they wish to convert to Judaism (some with the intention of joining the Rabbinical School afterwards). They want to get a better understanding of the religion before beginning the conversion process.
- Others are Jewish and simply want to develop their understanding of their religion.
The Jewish Learning Program provides an excellent, worthwhile education for all these types of people.
- Some students are interested in Rabbi Blane's Universalist approach to Judaism, and they feel that studying Judaism from a Universalist angle will be interesting and enlightening. Read About JSLI for more information on Universalism.
Examples of topics covered
- High Holidays and Festivals
If you would like to have one-on-one tutoring with Rabbi Blane, you are asked to sign up for three classes at once.
If your next step is to join the Rabbinical School, Rabbi Blane will evaluate your progress after these three classes and discuss with you whether you should have more tutoring. (Of course, Rabbi Blane can also offer more tutoring even if you do not intend to join the Rabbinical School Program.)
Each 50-minute class costs $100.
Sign up or request more information
Fill in the contact form and we'll get back to you shortly.